Monday, December 26, 2011

home for the holidaze

greetings from orlando,
it's x-mas evening, what a wonderful journey i have had since i left the ice....
since i last wrote about hawaii i got to spend a few days in LA with Hank and other characters...
this was my reprieve; my culture shock. i was not prepared for the homeless population, especially in downtown LA where the population is so large that the shelters pass out tents to attempt to accommodate those that there is no space for.  the side walks were strewn with these makeshift shelters in the cold rain.  it's not that i forgot about homelessness or the effects of the downtrodden economy upon the masses, just hadn't fully realized it, i suppose.  thankfully, i had the solace of Hank and his home to gather myself, as well as hosting meals with old friends, perfect calm time.
SF was crazy from beginning to end! only being there for 3 days was of course difficult as i wanted to see so many people, but Melissa and Robert hosted a fine get together for me to visit with any and all who could attend.  my heart will always be in SF and i will venture back there sooner than later.

                          here's a photo interlude:


LA cityscape

downtown LA skyline

golden gate park-SF

Makiko-my west coast momma

me and Melissa

the bridge

Robert through marshmallow leftovers

some of the LA crew... Hank, Jen, Kathy and Kerri

Melissa and her Wedgewood stove x-mas cookies

a very merry monster x-mas

x-mas at Melissa and Robert's

kinetic sculpture at Boston-Logan airport

on the boat!

mere, the dudes and me, x-mas bliss

waking up with Gabe



amazing mv

early morning me+cooter brown

santa Karl

Sassy, our polydactyl kitty opening her gift... a head pelt from a NZ possum... she loves it!

SUNSHINE

the journey to MV was long but worth every second, Jennie hosted a grand gathering, Mere and Damon took care of me as well!  it was unseasonably warm, this was funny as i was hoping that new england would offer the temps i needed to get into the x-mas spirit.... not that i can complain about spending time outside and walks on the beach! 
at the end of this 2 month journey of AMAZING all i can do is to thank everyone who made it possible and hosted me along the way to my inward journey which is now upon me...
don't know how much i'll have to share here in the near future as my new adventure will be the introspective sort... not so much blogger fodder.
thanks for reading throughout my wild adventures, this is not the end-just a pause.
i hope this finds you all well and getting ready for 2012!
take care,
karengrace

No comments: