Monday, December 15, 2008

stuck

cross-section of 
ice cube cable
spoolhenge
greetings!
i am sitting in the shuttle van in between passengers writing this...amazing!! some hellos... to my little brother KARL who is graduating from UCF today, Hermann- Brian's dad, Beth Leo-i'm lacking the luna, Beth Santos- of course i remember you! and my Aunt Ellen- concerning your exposure question, as i walk i try to keep all skin covered, but as i'm doing strenuous physical labor outside my ski goggles fog then ice over and they come off, then my balaclava(head and face cover) gets icey and sticks to my face and then it comes off.  essentially the worst part is getting really sweaty and then really cold, that is why the saying down here is that cotton is a killer! in regards to breathing the cold, you get used to it, the 1st week it's the combo of the altitude and cold air that seem to burn, but by the time the air reaches my lungs it's sufficiently warm.

well, i just got the shuttle stuck for the second time in the last 2 days...must be karmic retribution for putting the photo up of my pal getting stuck!  the van has been popping out of 4 wheel drive, which is impossible to drive without it in this environment! there's a storm blowing in, the flights from mactown have been cancelled and we are getting lots of blowing snow, it's wild how fast the drifts can completely cover everything!  that's why i'm here!! well, i better go and get back to driving and not getting stuck! hope you're all having a great day!  karengrace

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, It's Bev Antos again, glad to hear you remember me. It has been quite awhile since I saw you. I now teach, subby in all the Liberty County schools, middle and high school. I love it, wish I had known about it sooner. As I teach I learn more and now can understand some things I didn't understand when I was in school. I think your blog is fantastic. What is an ice cube cable? I will be watching for your answer. Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Beverley Antos

Unknown said...

The cable cross section pix looks like a stain glass rose window!
All that white stuff makes our current 80 degree day feel mighty fine.