Monday, November 3, 2008

first of the fun...


Greetings!
i got into denver yesterday (11/1) morning and was quite spun out from staying up all night long packing....   i met some great fellow polers and then came to my cush hotel room and passed out!  as i saddled myself down to a yummy buffet breakfast this morning, i found myself back in middle school again... the 'who do i sit with?' delima, well, it turns out that birds of a feather really do flock together and i found myself surrounded by fellow GA's for the pole! as there are only 7 total in this position, it was pretty cool that we found each other at 6:30 am!  i suspect that we all had the same questioning look about us, as everyone else has a specific job title, but we the GA's have no real job description- and i think that our cluelessness was collectively apparent on our faces!  needless to say this was a great way to start the day! i also found a mutual friend, Travis Moose - we have both farmed with shawna and atilla (who have both spent much time on the ice), me on orcas island and him in n. virginia...we were told to look out for each other and once again..the forces brought us together...i have a feeling that this will be a reoccurring theme on this journey!  my old pal erik is on his way down from boulder and we're gonna have some dinner and catch-up!  tomorrow training begins at 7am and then we fly from denver to l.a. and on to auckland and finally christchurch for a few days...i will update from there!! next time i write we will have elected a new president....due to the time warp tuesday won't really exist for me....woah.  i am very excited for the change we will be a part of come january....crossing my fingers!!!!

                                                                         wishing you all the best!  xoxo kgrace*

2 comments:

innermost said...

oh, girrrl. this is going to be my vicarious adventure to get me through what we call winter.

Anonymous said...

I just still can't decide who is wearing the cooler shirt.