Thursday, November 20, 2008

house-mouse


good mornin!
today is my day to clean the bathrooms and lounge, but i do get out of work 1.5 hours early..woohoo!  yesterday was the coldest day yet.  myself and 2 fellow GA's were assigned to put up orange construction fencing, easy enough, except for the fact that it was under the elevated station.  this meant high winds and no sunshine...brrrr! the poor siding carpenters work there everyday, glad i'm just a lowly GA! should be back to shoveling the berms today, job security! we do yoga every morning before work, it's lovely to see all these burly construction workers in yoga poses!  i have found that i am returning to my room after dinner most evenings, they do a great job of offering activities in the evenings, but i am so tired all i really want to do is be warm in my jammies!!  i am in bed by 9 usually...shocker!!! i am feeling so much stronger, but want to give my body a chance to fully acclimate, which i feel will be soon!  i think i will treat myself with my shower tonight, we are allowed 2-2 minute showers a week, i do sweat when i'm working, otherwise, showers seem kind of silly because it is so dry here, all you really want to do is maintain moisture, not wash it away! i need to do some work on my quasi-wall of my room, there's a big gap at the top of my hall facing wall and the fellah who lives across from me gets up quite early(5:30) and his light shines brightly into my room, which, admittedly has probably saved my butt a few mornings, but not the most pleasant way to awaken.   i will take some day to day photos over the next few days to show you the starkness of this amazing continent!  have a lovely day! xo kgrace*

this photo was taken in the ice tunnels last week, the thermometer next to me reads -65, notice my luxurious ice-lashes!!! they are a constant to my new look because my goggles get fogged up instantly and trying to work while looking through a thick sheet of ice is no good!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the frozen white eyelashes! I am going to start a new trend and credit you.

Anonymous said...

Sarah LOVES your white eyelashes........ Be warm!! we turned the heat on last night in Florida?? low of 36! Love you! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding me,I'm cold just looking at you. My skin dries out here in florida in the winter, I can only imagine what it would feel like at the south pole, "clayton get the lotion" my skin is dry. You are the man/woman. send more pics. What type of soap does one us at the south pole. Butter, Irish Spring, Dove or Whale Lard. I would have to have a 5 gallon bucket of Jerkins Body Lotion. The Barefoot's in Ocoee

Anonymous said...

Hey Gracie - Baldy and Dicky here. Love reading your blog! Its like living another life reading all the fasinating things there. The lifestyle must certainly be interesting everyday. The icelashes are cute. Ms Jack Frost you are. If it means anything we are in the middle of a cold snap here. Blur its 44 degrees! Miss and love you! Talk soon